I came to this world in a very tempestuous time – a destructive, yet sympathetic psychedelia-reigned period. Vietnam War was just about to enter annals of history, Viking 1 landed on Mars and Czechoslovakia won 5-3 in the football finals against West Germany…
I was born in Posavina, a region in the northern Bosnia, and I lived there until April 1992. Due to the Serbian aggression on my home country (and the civil war that followed) I live now in Kingdom of Denmark.
My native tongue is Bosnian, but I started this online scribbling in English since I have friends and readers all over the world. However, as the description of the site suggests, I am also writing in Bosnian and Danish, so this blog has become more of a trilingual attempt. However, I feel the urge to write more often in Bosnian. I don’t know exactly why; probably because I want to practice my native tongue. Believe me, when residing in a foreign country, native words have a tendency to disappear from one’s vocabulary.
My interests range from literature, media, history, film and art in general to (real) football, philosophy, food and music. I am a pleasure monger who also happens to be a writer, poet, gourmand, sybarite and bon vivant.
I hold a master degree in Media Studies and History from SDU.
Someone who knows me would most likely describe me as: patient, insightful, interested in knowledge, respectful, content-oriented, responsible, analytical, loyal.
If you want to contact me, you can email me: derion1 at gmail com.
I respect writers: Fernando Savater, Fyodor M. Dostoevsky, Ivo Andrić, Lord Byron, Musa Ćazim Ćatić, Meša Selimović and Erich Fromm. I am actually trying to make a list of books I read.
My favorite movies are Mirror, The Thin Red Line, Annie Hall and The New World. As you can see, I am quite fond of independent and European films. You can also take a look at my obsolete movie ratings or super updated Letterboxd page.
Regarding music I listen mostly to progressive metal and bands like Dream Theater, Pain Of Salvation, Opeth and Andromeda, but when I want to sharpen my hearing senses or just relax I turn to Mozart, Bach and Beethoven.
I am not one of those people who think it’s the coincidence that we live our lives. Au contraire, I think we are born to achieve certain goals. Right now I believe that some of the most important goals in our lives are learning the values of LOVE, KNOWLEDGE and RESPECT.
- Fortuitous means “…is applied to what occurs without any known cause
- I am happily married to my beloved A. We run together after our two snowflakes.
- My sporadic writings on various subjects can be found here.
- I published my first book of poetry called Pathétique in 2006. Currently working on a short stories book.
- I loathe (aggressive) nationalism, jingoism and conformism.
- I really enjoy watching (good) movies, and I tend to rate them from 1 to 5 stars.
- I also enjoy reading good books.
- I like driving cars without all those fancy gadgets. God, I miss my Škoda Favorit from ‘94!!
- I read daily newspapers, well… on a daily basis. It’s either Politiken, Information, Oslobođenje.
I use rock-solid WordPress backed by several plugins (Akismet, WP Automatic Upgrade).