There was done quite extensive research by Prism Research in Bosnia this summer. The goal was to find out what Bosnians do, eat, drink, read, listen…. Well, here are some of the results:
- Almost 80 % of Bosnians are religious.
- Nobody of asked Bosnian Catholics is a vegetarian.
- Mc Donalds’ doesn’t have a chance in Bosnia, since most Bosnians, regardless their ethnicity, prefer local specialities ćevapi and pite.
- More than 50 % of population don’t consume alcohol.
Those who drink, prefer mostly beer and sljivovica. Bosniacs (Muslims) beer, Serbs sljivovica.
- 22,5 % of Bosnians have been in the theater last year, and only 4,5 % have been at concert of a classical music.
- 2/3 of population have not read a book past three months.
- 2/3 of population mostly listens to folk music. Bosniacs prefer traditional, Serbs turbo folk.
- 36,9 % don’t want to talk about their sex life.
- And what’s quite interesting, 60 % of the citizens of Bosnia are pretty happy with their lives.
Pretty strange, but remarkable nation, ha?